Every month we are asking a friendly Georgian Bay / Beaver Valley / Grey Highlands / Chatsworth face 20 questions about their life in the area.
This month meet Karrie!
Front Desk at Royal Harbour Resort in Thornbury
I grew up in Mississauga and relocated to Thornbury from England with my husband Rich, about 10 years ago, I have worked on the front desk at The Royal Harbour Resort for 8 years. When I’m not working I enjoy spending time with my husband and son, Chase and shopping.
1) Where in the area do I call home? Thornbury, Ontario
2) Weekend Warrior or Resident? Resident
3) I cannot go a day without: My son
5) Go to stop for ice cream is: Pom-Pom Treat Hut in Thornbury
6) Favourite area festival or fair: Thornbury Olde Fashioned Christmas
8) My favourite store/shop in the area is: The LCBO
9) Between hiking, canoeing, swimming, and cycling I would rather be: Swimming
10) My favourite ski run in the area is: Happy Valley at Blue Mountain Resort
12) Favourite Season and why: Spring/Fall because they are the prettiest
14) Between a Ski Chalet and Summer cottage I would rather have: Summer Cottage
16) My ideal summer day in the area would be: Sitting at the beach at the pier in Thornbury
19) My ideal night out in the area is: Going out to The Village at Blue Mountain
20) I love the area because: It’s so beautiful