What better place to enjoy horseback riding than in the Beaver Valley! The beautiful scenery, along with a relaxed pace is sure to please horse enthusiasts of all backgrounds.
A variety of horse facilities exist throughout Grey County:
Whinny Acres country retreat offers trail rides with horseback riding in the hills, swimming, and hiking, all over the Beaver Valley.
Checkmate Equestrian Centre
Checkmate Equestrian Centre is located on Grey Road 12B near Feversham. Operating on 500 acres in the scenic countryside, Checkmate Equestrian Centre hosts Horse trial events with dressage, cross-country, and show jumping.
Competitive Trail Riding
Events hosted by the Ontario Competivite Trail Riding Association include: endurance riding, competitive trail, and ride-n-tie and take place in locations throughout the area
Horseback Riding on the CP Rail Trail
A widely used multi-purpose trail, the CP Rail Trail starts in Dundalk, meanders through Ceylon and Markdale and finishes in Owen Sound. Maintained by the County of Grey, the 77km trail is constantly being improved.
GREY COUNTY FORESTS THAT ALLOW HORSES ON THE TRAILS
- Camp Oliver Egremont – Grey County Forest 12
- Collingwood Osprey Townline – Grey County Forest 7
- Glenelg Klondike Property – Grey County Forest 24
- Grey Main – Grey County Forest 19
- Harkaway Property – Grey County Forest 16
- Lily Oak Property – Grey County Forest 29
- Pretty River Property – Grey County Forest 5
- The Fish Hatchery Property – Grey County Forest 41
- The Massie Property – Grey County Forest 44