Every month we are asking a friendly Georgian Bay / Beaver Valley / Grey Highlands / Chatsworth face 20 questions about their life in the area.
Meet Donna Davey!
Bio: Donna Davey is a gym and math teacher at Grey Highlands Secondary School. She loves experiencing the outdoors with her friends and family.
1) Where in the area do I call home? Vandeleur
2) Cottager or Resident? Resident
3) I cannot go a day without: Exercising
4) Favourite spot to adventure in the area is: Kimberley Forest
5) Go to stop for ice cream is: Jolley’s in Flesherton
6) Favourite area festival or fair: Feversham Fall Fair
7) Best coffee in the area is at: Bakery in Flesherton
8) My favourite store/shop in the area is: Kimberley General Store
9) Between hiking, canoeing, swimming, and cycling I would rather: All of them every day if I could!
10) My favourite ski run in the area is: Beaver Valley Nordic Trails
11) Favourite place to grab food is: The Bicycle Cafe
12) Favourite Season is: Winter (Hockey Season)
13) My favourite spot to get a fresh apple pie is: at home
14) Between a Ski Chalet and Summer cottage I would rather have: Summer Cottage (I have the summer off!)
15) My favourite restaurant in the area is: Bruce Wine Bar
16) My ideal summer day in the area would be: Cycling in the valley, early in the morning followed by swimming in my pond to cool off, then gardening for the rest of the day.
17) Visitors must see: The trilliums at Old Baldy in early May
18) My favourite waterfall in the area is: Eugenia Falls in the spring when the water levels are at their highest
19) My ideal night in the area is: attending the fundraiser for the Bruce Trail, Barn Dance (Square Dancing)
20) I love the area because: Great scenery and adventures are right at my backdoor